Latest updates as of May 6, 2022
- Effective May 23, 2022, the vaccination requirement for employees and students will be discontinued. The College continues to promote vaccinations and activities to prevent the spread of COVID.
- COVID-19 testing is available, free of charge, to PCCC employees and currently enrolled students. Testing is available from 10am to 2pm on Tuesdays and Wednesdays in the Game Room (Main Campus-Paterson).
- Administrative offices and College operations (Admissions, Registration, Financial Aid, etc.) are available online, by phone, by email, or in person.
- The PCCC Bookstore has limited hours. Check the Bookstore website for updates and details.
- All college-related travel must be approved.
- Students, faculty, and staff are urged to follow the latest federal and state health guidelines for protecting yourself from COVID-19.
- Students who have missed class due to illness or suspected illness should speak to their instructor in order to make up the work they missed.
For information about prevention, symptoms, and actions to take if you think you may have contracted COVID-19, visit the following websites. The CDC also provides current travel restrictions and guidelines.
• COVID-19 Resource Center | Passaic County, NJ
• New Jersey Department of Health
• Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
• Wash hands often using soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
• Avoid close contact with those who are sick
• If you are sick, avoid close contact with others to avoid spreading illness
• Stay home until you are fever-free for 24 hours (without the use of fever-reducing medication
• If you are experiencing symptoms of respiratory illness such as cough, fever, and shortness of breath, please seek medical care
• Importance of Wearing a Face Covering
• Managing Anxiety and Stress from CDC
• Social Distancing
• Dos and Don’ts for Cloth Face Coverings
• How to Make a No Sew Face Mask
• Handwashing (Lo Que Lavado de Manos)
• Social Distancing (Distanciamiento Social Significa)
American Sign Language
• Hand washing
• Social Distancing
• Face Mask Coverings
Resources for Free Internet Services
Resources for NJ Community College Students and Community Members
for Assistance With Employment Matters, Getting Food, Paying Bills, and More
Health Resources for NJ Community College Students and Community Members Affected by Coronavirus
This Week’s NJ COVID-19 Updates
Do you have questions about getting tested for COVID-19, rent and tax relief, finding a new job, and more? The State of New Jersey offers up-to-date information, resources, and guidance at our COVID-19 Information Hub.
Free Testing for PCCC Students & Employees
COVID-19 testing is now available, free of charge, to PCCC employees and currently enrolled students. Testing is available from 10am to 2pm on Wednesdays in the Game Room (Main Campus-Paterson). Check back for updates.
REGARDING INSTITUTIONAL FUNDS: For PCCC’s quarterly report, covering quarter ending 9/30/2020, click here. This Q1 report was revised on 4/26/2021, and can be viewed here. For PCCC’s quarterly report, covering quarter ending 12/31/2020, click here. This Q2 report was revised on 4/26/2021, and can be viewed here.
In addition, the Coronavirus Assistance, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act provides emergency financial aid grants to students for their expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus. This includes food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, and child-care expenses.
The following information is provided to comply with the US Department of Education’s CARES Act reporting requirements and is limited to CARES Act funding. The information below does not include emergency grants made with institutional funds. Per grant guidelines, this information is being posted within 30 days of initial funding and will be updated every 45 days thereafter.
On 4/13/20, Passaic County Community College (PCCC) signed and returned to the US Department of Education the Certification and Agreement for the Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act. PCCC intends to use no less than 50 percent of funding to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students, pursuant to the Certification and Agreement.
PCCC received $2,725,829 for Emergency Financial Grants to students.
The estimated total number of students at PCCC eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 3,700 students.
PCCC notified eligible students by email and provided them with a link to the application. The amount of funding is based on a formula developed and implemented by the College’s CARES funding taskforce committee. Using this formula, each student deemed eligible for CARES funding receives payment ranging from $500 to $1,000.
As of April 21, 2021, $2,560,350 in Emergency Financial Aid Grants (CARES Act funding) has been distributed to 2,603 students. PCCC will continue to make awards, as long as funding is available.
PCCC is awarding Emergency Financial Assistance Grants in cycles. The link to the application has been emailed to all eligible students; students should direct questions to email@example.com.
PR/Award Number P425F200453: