Phi Theta Kappa Advisor
Professor Jennifer Gasparino
Office: Main Campus, Academic Hall Room-321A
Phi Theta Kappa (PTK)
Join Our Award-Winning Chapter Alpha Eta Chi
Phi Theta Kappa is the largest and most prestigious international honor society serving two-year colleges. The organization provides opportunities for individual growth and development through scholarship, leadership, service, and fellowship. Our 5-star chapter is highly active both on campus and on the state and national levels.
$90 million in available scholarships to help you complete your degree. Awards for career-bound students as well.
PTK Edge offers free, online professional development courses to build your career skills.
PTK Connect allows you to search for transfer-friendly four-year colleges and transfer scholarships.
Gain leadership skills through roles within our chapter. Get free access to PTK’s Leadership Development Studies curriculum.
Get access to member discounts at a variety of participating partners.
Qualified students may apply any time throughout the year.
To qualify for membership, a student must:
- Have completed at least 12 credits of college-level coursework. College-level courses are defined as courses with a course number of 100 or 200
- Be enrolled in courses that lead to an Associate degree.
- Have a GPA of 3.5 or better.
- Submit a one-time fee of $65.00 for a lifetime membership.
To apply to the program:
- Complete the application by following these instructions for applying.
- Obtain a copy of your transcript or degree audit.
- Contact Professor Gasparino by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the application process
- The $65.00 membership fee is due at the time of application, students will not be considered full members until the membership fee is paid in full.
Delia graduated with high honors and her associate’s degree in Liberal Arts/Psychology. She was named to the 2022 New Jersey All-State Academic Team, and is also a recipient of the prestigious Guistwhite Scholarship, an award given through the Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) Honor Society.
Diego graduated with his Associate in Science Degree in Biology and with highest honors. He transfers to the University of Michigan on a full scholarship and will major in cellular molecular developmental biology.
Ashely graduated with numerous honors. She was named to the 2022 NJ All-State Academic Team, received a scholarship award from the Coca-Cola Foundation, and is a recipient of the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation’s Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship, one of the most prestigious academic awards for community college students.
Fridays: 3:15 – 4:30 pm
Main Campus, Academic Hall, Room A-124
(ITV transmission to WAC/Library PAC/Conference room)
All are welcome. Come learn about PTK!