A joint venture of Passaic County Community College and The County College of Morris
The North Jersey Imaging Academy (NJIA) offers advanced training to ARRT certified radiographers in Computed Tomography (CT), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), and Mammography.
These certificate programs offer didactic courses that meet the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) requirement for “structured education.”
We also offer clinical education for our CT and MRI participants.
Lecture courses are held in the evening at the PCCC Public Safety Academy (PSA) located at 300 Oldham Road, Wayne, NJ. Clinical education is offered during day, evening, and weekend hours at one of our Clinical Affiliates. Clinical education hours are scheduled by the program faculty.
Students may select either the CT or MRI program*. Students enrolling in either program are required to take the Cross-Sectional Anatomy class, unless a course was previously taken. Documentation of the previous course is required.
NJIA programs are no longer grant-funded. See current tuition rates listed below.
All interested candidates must provide proof of certification by the ARRT in a primary discipline (radiography, radiation therapy, or nuclear medicine) and also complete the Admission Application Process.
*The CT and MRI program is in compliance with guidelines required by the American Registry for Radiologic Technolgists, 1255 Northland Drive, St. Paul, Minnesota 55120-1155. The program has been approved for CEUs by the American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT).
Admission is on a rolling basis. Complete applications will be reviewed in the order they are received.
- All applicants to the program must submit two completed Application Forms (download the Imaging Academy Application and CE Application Form)
- Applicants must also provide proof of the following:
- Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist in a primary discipline (radiography, radiation therapy, and nuclear medicine)
- Copy of their New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection license in Diagnostic Radiography
- Current resume
- Documentation of prior completion of Cross-Sectional Anatomy class (if the applicant has already taken this class previously)
- Upon entering either the CT or MRI clinical courses, the student must have the following (these are to be provided at the student’s own expense)
- Criminal background check
- 11-panel drug screening
- Physical health exam
- Current immunizations
- Flu vaccine
- Malpractice insurance
- A current American Heart Association Basic Life Support Certification (CPR)
- The completed Application Packet must be submitted by the deadline for the next semester (see top of page)
- Please submit your completed Application Packet by regular mail or by e-mail with attachments to either of the faculty members listed below:
Prof. Parsha Hobson
Passaic County Community College
1 College Blvd
Paterson, NJ 07505
Prof. Denise Vill’Neuve
County College of Morris
214 Center Grove Road
Randolph, NJ 07869
Computed Tomography (CT)
CT Clinical Placement
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
MRI Clinical Placement
Mammo Clinical Placement
Tuition and Fees
|Tuition and Fees||Tuition|
|Program Courses (Subject to Change)|
|Cross Sectional Anatomy||$450|
Clinical Education Affiliates
- Hackensack University Medical Center
- Mountainside Hospital
- St. Joseph’s Wayne Hospital
- Hackettstown Regional Medical Center
- Newton Medical Center
- St. Joseph’s Ambulatory Imaging Center
- Holy Name Hospital
- Overlook Medical Center
- University Imaging
- Morristown Imaging Center
Morristown and Rockaway, NJ
- St. Clare’s Hospital
Denville and Dover, NJ
- Morristown Medical Center
- St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center
Clinical education will be offered during the day, evening and weekend hours, and is scheduled by program coordinators with the approval of the clinical education center.