Requirements for Clinical Experience
Once accepted into the Nurse Education Program and prior to participation in courses with a clinical component, the following are required:
- Submit a completed health form signed by a physician or nurse practitioner.
- Provide evidence of current Professional Liability Insurance coverage for nursing students.
- Submit verification of current certification in American Heart Association Health Care Provider CPR.
- Submit evidence of health insurance coverage.
- Complete a criminal background check. Only students with a CLEAR background report are eligible to participate in clinical. If the background check is NOT CLEAR, the student must withdraw from the program. Background checks are required annually while the student is in the program, and if the report is NOT CLEAR at any time during the student’s enrollment in the program, the student will not be permitted to continue in the program.
(A second comprehensive criminal history background check, with fingerprints, is required at completion of the program by the New Jersey Board of Nursing in order to obtain your nursing license.)
- Complete drug test at designated laboratory facility. All drug testing reports must be NEGATIVE. Drug testing is required annually or more frequently as required by clinical agencies. A POSITIVE drug test report at any time during the program will result in dismissal from the program.
- Additional requirements such as fingerprinting or other requirements may be required by specific clinical agencies , and students must comply with these policies to participate in clinical experiences.
Students must complete all General Education and Nursing courses with a grade of “C” or higher.
It is recommended that students enroll in their first Wl (Writing Intensive) course upon completion of EN 101. For a list of Wl courses available for registration, go to: www.pccc.edu/writing-intensive-courses.
*Applicants must complete the course CH 103 Introduction to Organic Chemistry with a grade of “C” or higher prior to admission.