LPN Mobility Program
An applicant for admission to the Nurse Education LPN Mobility Program must be a high school graduate or have a high school equivalency diploma (GED), and hold a New Jersey state license to practice as an LPN. These admission requirements are minimum standards. Each applicant must:
- Meet the general admission criteria for students admitted to Passaic County Community College
- Achieve satisfactory scores on the College Placement Test for placement in college-level math and English courses or have completed required developmental courses; with a grade of “C” or higher.
- Complete the following college-level courses with grades of “C” or higher prior to admission
|CH – 103 Introduction to Inorganic and Organic Chemistry||4|
|BS – 103 Anatomy and Physiology||4|
|PS – 101 Introduction to Psychology||3|
|EN – 101 Composition I||3|
- Achieve a minimum score of 70 on the National League for Nursing NACE I examination. (May be taken only once every 6 months). The results of this examination are valid for three years.
- Submit evidence of a valid New Jersey practical nurse license (LPN).
- Submit a transcript from the School of Practical Nursing with grades of “B” or higher.
- Submit a dated letter of recommendation from your current employer or from the director of the practical nurse program from which you graduated.
LPN Mobility Exam
Applicants to the LPN Mobility Option program must take the Nursing Acceleration Challenge Exam (NACE). This test evaluates prior learning and understanding of Practical Nursing skills for correct placement level in the mobility program.
|90 – 99||10 points|
|80 – 89||8 points|
|75 – 79||6 points|
|70 – 74||4 points|
NOTE: Applicants who have withdrawals (W), D’s, and F’s in the required General Education and Nursing courses will lose one (1) point for each occurrence within the last 5 years.
Sciences will be accepted within five (5) years from the date of course completion to the start of the first Nursing course.
GPA and number of college credits
|3.5 – 4.0||27 – 34||12|
|19 – 26||8|
|12 – 18||4|
|3.1 – 3.4||27 – 34||11|
|19 – 26||7|
|2.5 – 3.0||27 – 34||10|
|19 – 26||6|
|2.0 – 2.4||27 – 34||9|
|19 – 26||5|
|12 – 18||1|