CAREER PATHWAYS

Home > Programs & Degrees > Human Services

Social / Behavioral Sciences and Human Services

Are you interested in working closely with your community to help those in need? Many students who graduate with a degree in human services pursue careers in social work, counseling, rehabilitation treatment, and other mental health fields.

Many of our graduates save money and take Ramapo classes on the PCCC campus. Learn how you can earn your bachelor’s degree from Ramapo through this unique partnership.

Click the image above to watch our video about the Social / Behavioral Sciences and Human Services Pathway at PCCC

Which Program is Right For You?

What Jobs Can I Get?

You can get some entry-level jobs right after graduation. Others will require a Bachelor’s Degree.

Average salary in NJ
$60,000

Counsel and advise individuals with alcohol, tobacco, drug, or other problems, such as gambling and eating disorders.

Average salary in NJ
$76,410

Counsel individuals to maximize the independence and employability of persons coping with personal, social, and vocational difficulties that result from birth defects, illness, disease, accidents, aging, or the stress of daily life.

Average salary in NJ
$60,000

Counsel and advise individuals and groups to promote optimum mental and emotional health, with an emphasis on prevention.

Average salary in NJ
$63,850

Provide individuals, families, and groups with the psychosocial support needed to cope with chronic, acute, or terminal illnesses.

Average salary in NJ
$77,960

Diagnose and treat mental and emotional disorders, whether cognitive, affective, or behavioral, within the context of marriage and family systems.

Average salary in NJ
$102,930

Apply knowledge of nursing and informatics to assist in the design, development, and ongoing modification of computerized health care systems.

Casey Bucceri struggled with homelessness and addiction and even faced jail time. “I wasn’t happy with myself when I was always in trouble. Now I feel so comfortable with myself. PCCC did this for me. I’m the happiest I’ve ever been.”

Casey Bucceri, Human Services

Get FREE Tuition!

Complete 3 easy steps to be considered for the NJ Community College Opportunity Grant (CCOG)

1. Apply to PCCC
  2. Complete the FAFSA
  3. Register for 6+ Credits