Student Government Association (SGA)
The SGA is the official voice of the student body before the college faculty, administration, and staff. It is run by and for the students and provides experience and training in a democratic form of government for students serving as elected representatives.
What We Do:
- Encourage fellow students to become involved in college life.
- Develop and promote effective communication between the student body, administration, and the faculty.
- Represent the student body on college-wide committees.
- Listen to student grievances and help resolve other significant problems relating to academic life.
- Collaborate with the OSA to provide social, cultural, educational, and recreational activities for all PCCC students.
The Student Government Association (SGA) membership is composed of the entire student body, an executive and legislative board of elected student representatives, and advisor(s).
The Entire Student Body
Members of the entire student body can:
- Attend student town hall meetings
- Attend leadership workshops & events
- Join or start a club/organization
- Run for SGA Positions
- Join SGA Committees
The Executive Branch
Membership consists of the President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
- Executive Committees:
- The Club Activities & Finance Committee (CAF)
- The Elections Review Committee (ERC)
The Legislative Branch
Membership consists of the Speaker (formerly “The Parliamentarian”) and all senators.
- Senate Committees:
- The Awards Evaluation Committee (AEC)
- The Academic Committee (AC)
- The Constitution Review Committee (CRC)
- The Student Programming Committee (SPC)
There shall be a Primary Advisor and a Secondary Advisor. The position of the Primary Advisor is reserved for the Director of Student Activities. The Secondary Advisor position shall be a faculty member or administrator who is selected by the Executive and Legislative Board each year.
Elections are held annually during the spring semester. All students are invited to run for office if they meet the requirements for candidacy.
Eligibility requirements to run for office:
- Be a current PCCC student
- Have a minimum of 12 college-level credits
- Shall possess and maintain a GPA of:
- 3.0 GPA – Executive Board & Speaker
- 2.5 GPA – Senators
- Serve the full term (July 1st – June 30th)
- Cannot be an Executive Board member of any other club or organization
- Must attend one election orientation
- For dates follow us using the PCCC Portal
For more information please contact the SGA at email@example.com
SGA Executive Branch 2021-2022
Vice President/CAF Chair
Luis S. Jimenez
SGA Legislative Branch 2021-2022
Katie J. Morales
Speaker (The Parliamentarian)
Luis “Sebastian” Bustamante
Huda A. Nasereddin
Paula R. Rodriguez S.